With Professional Services, you have access to expertise that goes far beyond “how to” product support. Our team of highly skilled engineers, IT professionals, and process consultants is available to develop custom applications, convert and import data, configure your SQL Server, analyze and improve your workflow, manage upgrades, and create custom reports—whatever it takes to help you take your business further.
Our goal is to make sure you get the most out of your investment in our technology, maximize the use of our software, and empower your team to move forward with greater independence.
If you are a current Procede Software customer and would like to learn more about consultant availability or pricing for these services, contact us via Support Services.
Here are just some of the ways our Professional Services team can help:
No two dealerships are alike, and neither are their business processes, so our Process Consulting services are completely customized. We’ll evaluate your current processes and procedures, for an individual department or entire dealership, and make custom-tailored recommendations for streamlining them.
We’ll also make sure you’re using all the great features and functionality Excede DMS offers to help you work as efficiently as possible. We’ll prepare your staff for the change and manage the process from beginning to end.
Process Consulting services include:
• Remote or on-site process evaluation • Identify deficiencies or inefficiencies • Organizational, personnel, or functional recommendations • Recommendations for streamlining internal processes and procedures • Identify opportunity areas for growth, improvement, revenue, or efficiency gains
Designed to expertly manage and deliver on-time, on-budget results. Our Professional Services team will analyze and determine your dealership’s process and needs or simply target a specific set of operations to accomplish your goal.
Project Management services include:
• Formal kick-off meetings • Identity project requirements • Scoping, planning, executing, testing, and closing project management • Professional, written deliverables, including Statement of Work, Functional Requirements, Cost Estimates, Support Documentation, and Project Summary
Physical Inventory Support
Our Professional Services team will analyze the health of your inventory to make sure you’re stocking optimal levels of the parts you need most; make recommendations for ongoing management of your inventory, including hard-to-track items like cores; and even setup barcoding.
Ready to upgrade to the latest Excede DMS version? We offer on-site or remote assistance, along with virtual training, system setup, testing, forms and reports conversion, and more. Our team aims to deliver a stress-free upgrade experience.
• Upgrade package v9.17 to v9.18: For dealers currently running v9.17 who are ready to make the move to v9.18 Package includes: Recorded instructional videos per department demonstrating the 9.18 new features. Forms & Reports conversion. Database set-up and testing (for a single database). One day of dedicated remote support.
• Standard Upgrades: For dealers running earlier versions of Excede DMS, an upgrade package is tailored for your individual needs
General Business Consulting to increase the overall dealership performance for strategic operational planning, decision-making and accountability. Develop long term strategies and streamline day-to-day operations for bottom line performance.
On-site or dedicated remote consulting available for:
• Custom Reporting • Physical Inventory • Process Consulting • Excede DMS Upgrades • General Organizational Needs Analysis
Customized data extraction tools and automated data feeds sent to the cloud or 3rd party applications. Manipulate or transform existing data into varying formats or outputs. Integrate 3rd party tools and import data from external sources.
Data Services include:
• Managed Dealer Inventory • OEConnection • Vital Insights • Make-A-Deal: Vehicle department Make-A-Deal modifications • SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS): Migrating data from your SQL Server for use in other applications, such as uploading your vehicle inventory to your website
From Crystal Reports, Excel, Data Insight, and everything in between, the experts on our Professional Services team understand your business and your data – they know how to access it, how to format it and how to interpret it. They can edit existing reports or create new ones that are accurate, informative and repeatable, so you’ll have the information you need in the format you need to make business-critical decisions.
Reporting services include:
• Budget Import Tool: Dealer specific budget and forecast entered into a simple Excel template and imported directly into Excede DMS with a click of a button • Parts Checklist: Custom parts checklist report • Service Checklist: Custom service checklist report • Parts Variance Report: Custom parts variance report • Reporting Services: Creating custom and modify existing reports • Reports for Upgrades: Upgrade conversion for all forms and reports
Excede DMS is designed to give you direct access to your data whenever you need it, but we recognize that you don’t always have in-house IT staff expertise available.
Our technical team can provide support for:
• Network/Hardware Consulting: Network or hardware configuration, maintenance or troubleshooting
• SQL Server: Acquiring, installing and configuring your SQL Server hardware and software
• SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS): Migrating data from your SQL Server for use in other applications, such as uploading your vehicle inventory to your website
• Disaster Recovery: Recommended solutions and configuration of backup management plans and disaster recovery processes
Additional training services available to serve as a refresher or to simply train new staff. You choose the best method and we provide the training.
• One-on-one vs. Group • Functional vs. Process • Training Services: Online and on-site training options • Training Materials: Custom departmental training materials corresponding to dealer’s data
Our Professional Services team is available if you have added a new line of products and need to import that information into Excede, or even if you have acquired a new branch and need to convert existing data.
• New Branch Setup: Branch setup, including automatic accounting scripting, project management, test database preparation, and standard forms package • Data Mapping & Data Conversion: Identify data elements and map them to their respective Excede DMS location
o Trial Balances o Accounting Open-Item Schedules o Customer file o Vendor file o Employee file o Parts On-Hand Inventory o Parts Sales Movement History o Service Vehicle History o Vehicle Inventory
• Test Conversion: Complete run-through of the data conversion process • Training: Online or on-site training for new staff or new procedures • Go-Live Support: On-site or dedicated remote support for the days leading up to, during, and after Go-Live
Custom Software Development
Custom software development is sometimes needed over standard packaged software. These custom and specialized processes and application software are for integration computer programs, complex data feeds needed for a specific user or a group of users within the dealership. The Excede DMS is capable of handling many new software integrations from OEM or 3rd party software packages, but sometimes software applications needs to be created from scratch. Or, at times 3rd party software may not meet the needs of the dealership to function as intended and require custom software development.
• Development of custom applications • Modifications to existing applications
In many cases, requests for data services often lead to pre-packaged offerings that can be re-purposed without customization. In these instances, Procede has the unique ability to offer these services as products, with a fixed price and scheduled delivery date.
• Carfax: Data Feed • Auto Trader: Data Feed • OEConnection: Data feed • Vital Insights: Data feed • Dealer Socket: Integration
"Excede DMS continues to evolve thanks to the responsiveness of Procede staff and developers. Instead of giving us an off-the-shelf product, they're willing to listen and adapt."
Ken Ables, Director of Parts Operations
Customer since 2003